International Screendance Festival
MOVIMIENTO EN MOVIMIENTO #6
From July 19th to September 15th, 2017.
We invite screendance creators and audiovisual creators —audiovisual and film makers who produce hybrid art with movement and choreography of objects or bodies— to register their films to be included in the 6th Edition of the International Screendance Festival Movimiento en Movimiento, which will be held at Centro de Cultura Digital, Mexico City, on November, 2017.
-We conceive screendance as a mixture of the art of dance and choreography with the audiovisual arts. You can register SCREENDANCE FILMS and AUDIOVISUAL EXPERIMENTAL ART.
-Films duration: from 1 to 15 minutes
-Documentation of stage pieces are not accepted, only in the case that they have been adapted.
We also invite creators to purpose a LIVE LONG DISTANCE SCREENDANCE PERFORMANCE to be transmitted by a long distance call, by computer.
Results will be published in our website on September 25th, 2017.
Competition rules: SUBMISSION RULES 2017
Facebook: Movimiento en Movimiento
Centro de Cultura Digital: Submission call
International Screendance Festival
MOVIMIENTO EN MOVIMIENTO #5
Movimiento en Movimiento returns, it will take place in Mexico City at Sala de Arte Público Siqueiros. The festival offers two programs of 2 hours, containing 24 screendance pieces worthy of attention. Looking for possibilities between narrative, strong meanings, dance and audiovisual media, Movimiento en Movimiento’s main objective is to combine a series of exceptional works to disseminate the videodanza genre, the relationship between cinema and movement, between cinema and choreography of dancers or images or objects. Authors of 14 nationalities are shown together: Greece, Netherlands, Ecuador, Colombia, United States, Norway, Hungary, United Kingdom, Brazil, France, Italy, Israel, Finland and Mexico.
Movimiento en Movimiento: creating addictions and dependences to screendance.
Thursday, November 24th
(1:30 hours plus intermediate 2 minutes interviews to creators.)
1) Itinerarios (Fenia Kotsopoulou. Greece.) 3:15 min.
2) Sink or Swim (Michiel Vaanhold. Netherlands.) 10 min.
3) Cobweb (Talía Falconi. Ecuador.) 8 min.
4) El Otro (Viviana Ariza y Felipe Rodríguez. Colombia.) 6:37 min.
5) Exquisite Corps (Mitchell Rose. USA.) 4:59 min.
6) Songs of the Underworld (Nicola Hepp. Sweden.) 5:50 min.
7) Terraza (Benito González. Mexico.) 3:54 min.
8) Salt (Maria Lloyd. Norway.) 11:30 min.
9) Holding Nostalgia (Paulina Ruiz Carballido. Mexico.) 8:47 min.
10) Handke (Reka Szucs. Hungary.) 18:42 min.
11) Moving Southwark (Jevan Chowdhury. UK.) 5:29 min.
12) Hole —beautiful days (Emilie Morin. Canada.) 13 min.
Friday, November 25th
(1:30 hours plus intermediate 2 minutes interviews to creators)
13) Blueberry Cupcakes (Melina Curi. Brazil.) 5:30 min.
14) Persistanz (Juan Carlos Gallego Gil. Colombia.) 6:36 min.
15) La Magnitude Humain (Florent Schwartz. France.) 10:50 min.
16) Monique’s (Francesca Penzani. Italy-USA.) 9:56 min.
17) Four Stages of Collapse (John Williams. USA.) 9:30 min.
18) Scratch (Vicky Vasilopoulou. Greece.) 10:56 min.
19) Migration (Daphna Mero. Israel.) 13:31 min.
20) De Cara al Cielo (Dixon Quitian y Soraya Vargas. Colombia.) 7:23 min.
21) Objects in mirror are closer than they appear (Jukka Rajala Granstubb y Abraham Lezama. Finlandia, Mexico.) 15 min.
22) Hemisferios perdidos (Yolanda M. Guadarrama. Mexico.) 5 min.
23) Orb / Orbe (Kristin Reger y Gella Zefira. USA.) 4:20 min.
24) El Triángulo Perfecto (Miguel Calderón. Mexico.) 4:05 min.
Free entrance-Complimentary cocktail
Sala de Arte Público Siqueiros (http://saps-latallera.org/)
Tres Picos 29, Polanco
CP 11560 México DF
DOWNLOAD PROGRAM IN THIS LINK
We already have the results of the submission.
Click here to see results.
Forth International Videodance Screening
MOVIMIENTO EN MOVIMIENTO #4
“The Fall in the Body”
NEXT OCTOBER 14th
The present age leads us down paths of increasingly complex reflection. Where are we going? The works to be presented show us some ways these reflections can suggest through this hybrid art: videodance.
The eleven videodance pieces to be shown on this occasion will bring us back to the human body, in most cases, affected by some of the affections of the fall of the Being.
Eleven works of dance, of movement, built by the hybrid mix: audiovisual language and dance, film and dance, adding all the multiple elements that these two geners can contain: technology, theater, music, thinking …
This fourth edition features the work of ten international artists (Italy, France, Canada, Mexico, Spain, Norway, Netherlands, Germany). We’ll see: Examples of how we can walk to the inevitable death; Personal conditions because of technology; mirrors of spontaneous movement, almost animal movements; an obscene body in its concrete existence; water and body monographs; the myth of Sisyphus illustrated by human fragility; the desire of disappearing; sadistic and modern Little Red Riding Hood; the swan of the story Swan Lake being shown very tired and almost in fire; and a series of deeply absurd women: insane femininity?
After the screening of the dance films, interviews to all the authors of the films where they tell us about their creative experience, will be shown in monitors around the projection room.
The week after the screening, most of the videos will be shown in MOVIMIENTO EN MOVIMIENTO permanent gallery on the web: https://movimientoenmovimiento.wordpress.com/