OPEN CALL from August 25 to October 10, 2016.
The International Screendance Festival MOVIMIENTO EN MOVIMIENTO # 5 invites screendance creators to register their films to be included in the festival in its edition number 5, which will be held at Sala de Arte Público Siqueiros: SAPS (saps-latallera.org), Mexico City, from November 24 to 26, 2016. And to be included in the Permanent Gallery of MOVIMIENTO EN MOVIMIENTO in the web: PERMANENT GALLERY
Up to 20 screendance pieces will be selected to be part of this edition.
The official selection is already being collected, however this call is opened to look for films that we would not find out without the call.
MOVIMIENTO EN MOVIMIENTO is looking for screendance pieces according to the following rules:
1) Short films from 1 to 15 minutes.
2) Screendance, making a synthesis, is a mixture of the art of dance and the audiovisual arts, for this call we appreciate the films that have a clear, original, expressive, speculative and if possible humanist content in meaning, either through narrative expressed by a plot or the sequence of images, or through symbolic languages or contrasts.
3) The borders and differences between dance films and films or videos of experimental art are shifting, so that, those videos or films that show choreographed movements made by objects, animations, camera movement, dancers or actors are accepted. It means that we also accept those films that have their origins in the experimental art and at the same time have some choreographic composition in its visual structure.
4) We do not accept documentation of stage pieces, only those that have been adapted to an audiovisual language.
5) A creator can submit up to two pieces of screendance.
The creators of the official selection films will be notified by email, and also the list will be announced at 18 hours on October 15, 2016, on the website: movenmovenglish.wordpress.com
For any doubt, question or comment, please send an email to email@example.com
To register a film, you must fill out the following form: