(Lee la convocatoria en español aquí)
International Screendance Festival
MOVIMIENTO EN MOVIMIENTO # 9
OPEN CALL 2020
EXTENDED to August 30th.
Submit in FilmFreewayL
See below the description of the festival, awards for 2020, rules and terms, and date of the results publication.
We open this call in a disturbed global environment by anti-COVID-19 strategies, we trust we’ll be able to celebrate the festival in October, since we have support by Centro de Cultura Digital and Fondo Nacional para la Cultura y las Artes in Mexico City. Movimiento en Movimiento is a live-face-to-face festival and a virtual festival at the same time, we will make the necessary adjustments for this edition. Thus, we continue with our battle cry despite the present adverse condition: Creating dependencies and addictions to screendance. We also suggest stay safe and let art go on at the same time.
Movimiento en Movimiento is interested in audiovisual productions that might be considered as screendance, dance film or videodance, with reflections in its narrative, meanings, body and audiovisual media, and related with PHILOSOPHY, SOCIETY and LITERATURE. These productions might include or exclude the human body.
Call addressed to artists who create:
* Screendance or dance films
* Experimental Films and Videos
* Live Screendance Performance by long distance video-call
This is the third year that the festival awards prizes to the best productions of the official selection: a national and an international award.
The nineth edition of Movimiento en Movimiento will be held in October, 2020. There will be screenings, exhibitions of the selected pieces and live performances through video-calls at Centro de Cultura Digital, Mexico City. All the selected pieces will be part of the web archive of the festival in the PERMANENT GALLERY**, which is uploaded a few months after the celebration. (** The creators can choose to authorize only fragments of their work for this gallery). During the festival there will be two screendance laboratories, one will be given by Freya Björg Olafson , and another one by Mov en Mov team.
In this link you can see last edition awards: Premios 2019.
Movimiento en Movimiento is one of the festivals members of Red Iberoamericana de Videodanza.
Movimiento en Movimiento is a non-profit festival.
Awards and prizes 2020:
National Screendance Award MOVIMIENTO EN MOVIMIENTO:
A prize will be awarded to the best audiovisual work made by a Mexican creator (director or choreographer), which will consist of 16000 Mexican Pesos.
International Screendance Award MOVIMIENTO EN MOVIMIENTO:
A prize will be awarded to the best audiovisual work made by an international creator, which will consist of 500 USD.
Rules and terms:
* IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS TO REGISTER AT FILMFREEWAY, WRITE TO US firstname.lastname@example.org
OPEN CALL 2020
EXTENDED to August 30th.
We call screendance, dance film and audiovisual artists —creators of audiovisual works that hold a composition and artistic-choreographic movement of bodies or objects in their creations— to submit their works to participate in the 9th edition of the festival. This year Movimiento en Movimiento will be celebrated at Centro de Cultura Digital, Mexico City, in October. 2020. The selected works will be included in the Permanent Gallery of Movimiento en Movimiento on the web **:
(** Creators can choose to authorize only fragments of their work for this gallery.)
We also call to submit Live Screendance Performances by long distance video-calls. See number 10 in the rules and terms.
Up to 20 works will be chosen to be part of this edition.
The official selection will be elected by Movimiento en Movimiento curators and the selection of the awarded pieces will be done by invited international juries, in agreement with the festival team. The elections of the jury will be unappealable.
Audiovisual works will be accepted according to the following rules and terms:
1) Short audiovisual pieces from 1 to 20 minutes.
2) Although Screendance, dance film and videodance are interdisciplines that takes up the qualities of dance and audiovisual, we are interested in the discursive possibilities generated by these languages in the crossing with other disciplines, so we especially value the works that have reflections on: PHILOSOPHY, SOCIETY and LITERATURE either explicitly or symbolically.
3) We accept those experimental audiovisual works that have a choreographic intention in their structure, whether they show movements made by objects, drawings, digital strokes, or movements by the camera, dancers or actors.
4) We do not accept documentation of stage pieces, only those that have been adapted into an audiovisual language.
5) One same creator can send up to three pieces.
6) The last day to submit audiovisual works will be on August 30th, 2020.
7) Before finishing your submission, ensure that your projects in FilmFreeway contain, in addition to the audiovisual work, the following information and files: a) Brief synopsis of the work. b) Brief biographical note of the creator or creators. c) Mention the nationality of each creator. d) At least 3 photographs of the work in good resolution. e) A photograph of the director or creator (one for each creator) in good resolution. f) Year of creation of work. g) Complete credits.
8) Movimiento en Movimiento is a non-profit festival. To submit your films and videos, a donation of 13 dollars is requested for the early submission up to June 15th, 15 dollars for the regular submission up to July 15th and 17 dollars for late submission up to August 10th. These amounts will be used carry out the administration of the call.
9) Creators of the selected works commit themselves to:
a) Send the digital file of the piece (in HD resolution, .MOV format or .MP4 with codec H264) to email@example.com from August 21 to 28, 2020.
b) Fill out an authorization letter: official selection creators will receive the format by mail, it shall be completed online. The authorization letter format will ask for a brief synopsis of the work, a brief biographical note, and other information required for promotion. Also, through this format, photographs of the piece and of creators should be sent.
c) Arrange an appointment to have a 2 minutes interview by video call online (Skype), interviews shall be finished before September 10th. The interviews will be about the films and creative experiences of the artists.
10) PERFORMANCES: We accept 3 to 10 minutes performances. They will be performed live by video call (Skype) and can be broadcast from anywhere in the world on October 15 or 17, 2020 (date to be confirmed). Performance must be proposed to the festival through a script, semblance of its content, photographs and / or preliminary video recording. These pieces will have to adjust to the thematic lines that the festival seeks, mentioned in the description section of the festival. These works are not eligible for prizes. Movimiento en Movimiento is a non-profit festival, to submit your performance, a donation of 6 dollars is requested for the early submission up to June 15th, 8 dollars for the regular submission up to July 15th and 10 dollars for late submission up to August 10th. These amounts will be used to carry out the administration of the call.
11) If the audiovisual work has sound in a languish different to Spanish, and it is selected, the work will be requested with subtitles in Spanish or we will need the transcription and translation of the text in order to subtitle it.
If you have any doubts or problems with the FILMFREEWAY platform, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Results will be announced on September 2nd, 2020 on the website: https://movimientoenmovimiento.wordpress.com
Movimiento en Movimiento does not have any budget for travel or per diem expenses, if directors of the official selection wish to join the activities, they will be responsible for their expenses. You’re welcome to join us!
TO SUBMIT A PIECE, ENTER THE FOLLOWING PLATFORM: