OPEN CALL EXTENDED
From May 18th until August 10th, 2018.
International Screendance Festival
MOVIMIENTO EN MOVIMIENTO # 7
“Creating addictions and dependences to Screendance”
Open call addressed to those artists who create:
* Screendance or dance films
* Experimental Films and videos
* Live Screendance Performance by long distance video-call
With audiovisual reflections on PHILOSOPHY, SOCIETY, LITERATURE.
For the first time, this year, the festival will give two awards, one for the best Mexican creation and another one for the best international creation participating in the festival.
The seventh edition of Movimiento en Movimiento will be held from October 11th to November 4th, 2018, with screenings and exhibitions of selected pieces during 25 days at Centro de Cultura Digital. There will be Live Screendance Performances by long distance video-calls, live performances combining dance and Virtual Reality, short interviews to all the participating creators made via long distance video-calls or interviews with present creators. The pieces of the official selection will also be included in the PERMANENT GALLERY of the festival on the WEB which will be set a few months after the celebration of the seventh edition. The creators can choose to authorize only fragments of their work for this gallery. During the festival, there will be two Screendance Laboratories given by international professionals.
Movimiento en Movimiento is a non-profit festival.
AWARDS & PRIZES
National Screendance Award MOVIMIENTO EN MOVIMIENTO:
A prize will be awarded to the best screendance or dance film work made by a Mexican creator (director or choreographer) that will consist of 1000 USD.
International Screendance Award MOVIMIENTO EN MOVIMIENTO:
A prize will be awarded for the best screendance or dance film work made by an international creator that will consist of 1000 USD.
RULES AND TERMS
OPEN CALL FROM MAY 18th UNTIL AUGUST 10th, 2018.
This call is for screendance, dance film and audiovisual creators —producers of audiovisual works that contemplate a composition and artistic-choreographic movement of bodies and objects in their creations— to register their works to participate in the 7th edition of the festival that will be celebrated at Centro de Cultura Digital (http://www.centroculturadigital.mx/), Mexico City, from October 11th to November 4th, 2018. And to be included in the Permanent Gallery of Movimiento en Movimiento on the web: https : //movimientoenmovimiento.wordpress.com/2016/11/13/galeria-permanente/
We also call to propose Live Screendance Performance via long distance video-call by personal computers.
Up to 35 works will be chosen to be part of this edition.
The official selection will be elected by three experts in Screendance, (Movimiento en Movimiento team) and the selection of the awarded pieces will be done by international juries invited in agreement with the festival team. The elections of the jury will be unappealable.
Screendance pieces will be accepted according to the following rules and terms:
1) Short audiovisual pieces from 1 to 20 minutes.
2) Although screendance, dance film and videodance are (making a synthesis) a mixture of the art of dance and the audiovisual arts, the crossing of disciplines, in this call we value the works that have audiovisual reflections on PHILOSOPHY, SOCIETY, or LITERATURE, either explicitly or symbolically.
3) The borders and differences between screendance, dance films and experimental films or videos are shifting, so that, those videos or films that show choreographed movements made by objects, animations, camera movement, dancers or actors are accepted. It means that we also accept those films that have their origins in the experimental art and at the same time have some choreographic composition in its visual structure.
4) We do not accept documentation of stage pieces, only those that have been adapted into an audiovisual language.
5) One same creator can send up to three screendance pieces.
6) The last day to register audiovisual works will be on AUGUST 10th, 2018, at 20 hours, Mexico City time.
7) Movimiento en Movimiento is a non-profit festival. To register audiovisual works, a donation of 13 dollars is requested (15 dollars for late submissions), quantity that will be used to support the prizes and carry out the administration of the call.
8) Creators of the selected audiovisual works should send the next files to email@example.com: a) The film file in good resolution from August 16th to 25th, 2018. b) An authorization letter, the format to be filled out will be received in the notice mail of the official selection. c) Extra material that could be requested for ad purposes, such as photographs or film synopsis. d) Also, creators must arrange an appointment to give a 2-minutes interview, talking about their creative experience, via long distance video-call, or attending the festival so that the interview takes place in presence. Movimiento en Movimiento does not have funds to pay travel or per diem expenses.
9) To register Live Screendance Performance by long distance video-call: They shall last from 3 to 10 minutes. Screendance Performances will be performed live via long distance video-calls by personal computers, they can be transmitted from anywhere in the world, only with a personal computer that can be connected to the Mexican audience through Internet. The performance must be proposed to the festival by writing of a script, or a semblance of its content, showing some photographs, and a preliminary video recording where the act is simulated, recorded with the integrated camera of the personal computer. The performances will have to be done in front of the personal computer during the time it takes place, you can use elements of dance, theater, sound, movement of objects or movements of the computer, lights, voice, and so on. Just pay attention that we look for contents related to PHILOSOPHY, SOCIETY, or LITERATURE. These performances will be presented at Centro de Cultura Digital on October 11th or 29th, 2018. These works are not eligible for the prizes awarded by the festival. The selected performances will receive a symbolic payment of 50 dollars for their participation in the festival.
Movimiento en Movimiento is a non-profit festival. To register a performance, a donation of 6 dollars (10 for late deadline) is requested, which will be used to administer the call.
Creators of the official selection will receive a notification by email, and will also be announced on August 20th, 2018 on the website: https://movenmovenglish.wordpress.com/
For any doubts, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To register a film, you should click the next link:
Facebook: Movimiento en Movimiento
Movimiento en Movimiento Team: Yolanda M. Guadarrama, Lucitzel Pedrozo Lara, Nayeli Benhumea.